Monday 25 December 2017

My Beauty, My Granny


From the day I was born,
And I lay cuddled in your arm,
When you wrapped me 
in a loving bond, so tight,
I started to believe
in, Love at first sight.

As you always came
bearing lots of gifts, 
And with your sweet smile, gave our joys, 
a sky-high lift,
And since on the christmas day, 
your birthday was,
We were assured 
that you were our santa claus.

And when like meek rats, from our mom, 
we scurried away,
Shrieking in fright, crying "May day, May day",
We went and hid behind your back,
For you were our shield, and not just that:
From your prowess we so transformed,
That on our faces, a victorious smile dawned.

We, in your eyes, embodied an ideal child,
And you never let slip that love was blind.
Your stories of old, were my golden fairy tales,
As I got pulled in the wonderland, whilst you narrated in great detail!

O our pillar of strength! you always left us amazed,
With your brilliance, of which we cannot sing enough praise.
And I know that even the distance of the seven seas,
Cannot keep your blessings, away from me!

-- My Nana, Wishing her on her birthday, 
Christmas 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment