Monday 25 December 2017

Long Lost Woods



Don't you remember its beckoning call?
If you've forgotten, I'll help you recall.
For day by day my heart eagerly yearns,
Unto those woods, I so want to return.

For I cannot forget its soothing embrace,
For its protective shadows, I increasingly crave.
And in solitude I still murmur that enchanting tune,
That echoed in its bosom, be it night or noon.

I still remember the time it'd all started,
When slowly we were all left blinded,
By those sleepless lights that hung like a mist,
Shining all the night, never ceasing to persist.

Then slowly the homeless shadows had found shelter in our hearts,
And wading in that darkness, from our souls, we were wrenched apart.
In the end, with one wish in heart, all the humanity stood,
Praying to return to us, those lovely, long lost woods!


No comments:

Post a Comment