Tuesday 9 October 2012

Was it Real


WAS IT REAL?

I came to your door that was locked and closed,
I looked down the alley shadowed unglowed.
Waiting for your presence I stood by the wall,
When suddenly from somewhere I heard a deep call.
Too short was the alarm, no time to see from where,
The directions were all alike, was it here or from there?
Uncanny was the atmosphere unerringly eerie,
The setting sun giving my fear, a spirit fiery.
Undaunted I stood on, my path determined and set,
Return I will not today, howsoever uncertain might be the end.
I sat down on the creepers, with a creepy feeling inside,
My mind became so dull, no hope seemed there outside.
‘Linger on! Linger on', I called myself once more,
Unending the wait maybe, only hope can be a cure.
In the distance the rustling of the leaves had increased,
Shut my eyes were, only dream it is- I premised.
But there was no stop to the sound, a low gurgling it had became now,
My ears shot up, now on the foot I was, till I heard the same bow wow!
It sniffed and barked at my face, till it lolled to the ground,
I took the messenger in my arms, cuddling deeply my arms around.
The shadows were growing darker, my imagination though it maybe,
So dark it was you see, mere shadows they cannot be!
Like a tar on the floor it was floating towards me,
Coming at such a speed, Ah me! Ah me!
Wobbling my knees were, my eyes could see no more,
Just the soft fur and the silence told, my life was still some more!
I did not want to wake up again, so much so that I stood there,
Long enough it was I know though, for I rolled over and was on the floor.


                                                                Suchi Nandini
                                                                 2.3.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment