Sunday 20 August 2017

A Mother's gaze



Since before I was born,
And was the size of a grain of corn,
I felt her motherly warmth, cradling me,
Immersing me in a protective sea.

And during those crazy childhood times,
When I would surely loose my mind,
And will be possessed by a crazy wish,
Akin to the likes of jumping off a cliff.
I'd feel her rope like arms clasping me,
Constantly getting me back to safety.

And all those times when I triumphed over my planned escape,
From the tight clutches of my mother's protective cage,
I would find myself lost in the world,
Always coming stumbling back to her.

And even though I keep growing smarter,
I constantly fall short on some matter,
Where it seems I have no capability,
In there, with her wisdom, she remains wealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment